25.3.16

Studies in light & shadow | Estudos de luz & sombra

After getting more comfortable with drawing techniques, I’ve started feeling the need to move on to other fields, so began to dabble in lighting & shadows – something that’s better achieved with colored paper. These were my very first sketches and are still waaay off what I can do in this medium, but a couple turned out alright.

One advice: try not mixing other requirements while training this, such as fur textures; these Grimm tv series’ characters are great subjects, but lead me to depict aspects that I shouldn’t deal with at this point. I fared better with Dean (Supernatural) and Liv (iZombie). Hopefully, I’ll reach Drew Struzan levels of expertize soon! ;)



Depois de ganhar algum conforto com técnicas de desenho, comecei a sentir a necessidade de passar para outros campos, e pus-me a lidar com luz & sombra – algo que se faz melhor ao usar papeis coloridos. Estes são os primeiríssimos esboços que fiz e ainda estão muuuito longe do que consigo fazer com este médium, mas alguns saíram bem.

Um conselho: tentem não misturar outros requisitos ao treinarem isto, tais como texturas de pêlo; estas personagens da série Grimm são óptimos modelos, mas levaram-me a retratar aspectos que não devia de abordar agora. Saí-me melhor com o Dean (Supernatural) e Liv (iZombie). Em breve, espero atingir os níveis de aptidão do Drew Struzan! ;)

Sem comentários: